- This is the second IPA from my brewing work dude. The first one was excellent and this one does not disappoint either. It is probably to malty to be what you traditionally would call an IPA but that doesn’t make it a any less enjoyable. Not sure what hops he used but you can tell that they are there, not like a Ruination by any means but you can tell. This actually reminds me more of a American Black Ale than an IPA because of the richer malt flavor.
- + Cant buy it but I am going to try and get some more.
- 7.00% ABV
- IPA? Really??? I dont think so. This is a pretty good beer, not super bitter like other Dogfish IPA’s. I like it.
- + Buy again.
So this is the 3rd year I have had the Aprihop and it tastes different every year. The first year I had it I hated IPA’s and now it is pretty much the only thing I drink. Honestly this is an excellent beer that I look forward to drinking.
- Medium Goodness
- Crazy ass taste. Stone even claims on the label that this beer will screw with your mouth and that is a hoppy bitter bomb. And?… It is. No need to wonder if this is an IPA, it is like a super IPA. Strange thing is I like it. I dont think I could drink more than 2 in a row but I do like it.
- + Buy again. But only if I forget what hops taste like.
- 6.20% ABV
- This is one of the first IPA’s I ever had and I didnt do very good reviews back then… Not like the quality journalism I craft now!!! HA! Right??? That shit was a joke son, your supposed to laugh. Anyway, like I said, this is one of the first IPA’s I ever had and it is a pretty decent one. Nothing that is going to win a shit ton of awards but it is a pretty decent example of a IPA and by that I mean just a good ass run of the mill IPA. It does hold a special place in my heart as being my gateway into the delicious world of IBU’s
- + Buy again
- Extremely high goodness
- This is a strange beer. You can kind of smell the alcohol in it but it isnt over powering. You can kind of taste it, but once again, it isnt over powering. It tastes pretty good.
- + / – Maybe buy again? I guess buy it if you want to get hammered.
UPDATE: Ya, this is pretty good. Definitely want to try the 120 now.